Do I need a doctor’s referral?
With direct access to a licensed Physiotherapy, a doctor’s referral is not necessary to receive treatment. However, the physiotherapist may suggest that you consult a doctor for their opinion or to get further tests done.
Please note that certain extended health benefit plan insurance companies still require a medical doctor’s referral for reimbursement of physiotherapy treatments. It is the responsibility of the patient to their check reimbursement coverage.
If available, Please bring the medical doctor or allied healthcare providers’ contact information.
What documents do I need to bring?
- List of your medication (accessible from your pharmacy), including any cancer related treatment
- Medical history summary undergone
- Compression garments or any assistive devices currently used
- X-rays, PET scans, CT scans or MRIs results you have done previously
- Bone Mineral Density (strength of your bones) results
What should I wear to my appointments?
Loose fitting clothing to be worn so the affected area can be easily exposed during assessment and treatment sessions. For example, for upper body assessment, a tank top is appropriate & shorts for any lower extremity evaluation.
How long will each treatment last?
Initial consultation: individualized 60 minutes
Follow-up sessions: between 45 to 60 minutes (depending on case).